Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Taste Of Things To Come

I like St. Patrick's day. It is one of those days that my wife and I really like to celebrate. To the point where we have at least one legendary story resulting from an evening's celebration a few years ago. We like the day even though we are not religious, and only slightly Irish, my wife being slightly Scottish, and not Irish at all. So, I guess I should say that it is the one commercialized, consumerized, Americanized holiday that we buy in to. We like to drink, so we buy in to it a lot. This year will be no exception.

Why, you ask, am I making it a point to share the simple fact that we are going to be eating corned beef, and drinking Guiness on monday? Simply for the fact that it falls on a monday. Fighter practice is usually on mondays. Two to three of the participants of the evenings traditional festivities are going to be people who I would usually see at fighter practice. Are we putting two and two together yet? Yes, that's right. Not only will monday night be a night for erin go bragh, but we will start off the evening with a round of battle.

This should be a particularly fun evening, considering that my landlords and my parents should be there for the opening events. Also, I think my sister and a friend of hers may be there, faire geeks making fun of SCA geeks, should be fun. I'm hoping that someone brings a camera. But I'm also kinda hoping that someone doesn't bring a camera lol.

Anyway, I'm excited. Just thought I'd share.

What are you doing for St. Pat's day? Don't make me tag my two readers! Oh wait! Don't I owe Mie a topic of my choice?

1 comment:

mielikki said...

Ahh, yes. St. Paddy's day.
I will address it, in all it's glory on Monday. :) Erin Go Bragh!