Thursday, April 16, 2009

Moving Randomness

The house is getting packed and cleaned, little by little. Its nice having extra time to get this stuff done, and not have pressure. But I am ready to be out of here (the house anyway). There is so much stuff we are getting rid of, either by way of garage sale, or just by throwing it out. A decent amount of stuff is also being given to friends, books, bookshelves, the refrigerator etc. I find it very cleansing to do this. Throwing away stuff is good for my soul, I don't care for boxes of old memories sitting around, taking up space. Don't get me wrong, I like revising old memories, I just don't like moving them all over the country.

From the sound of things, the wife and kid are getting acclimated to the new life. It's cool to hear that my son is all about playing with the other kids, and that my wife is getting to spend a little time with friends and family. We spent quite a bit of time on the left coast, away from all that. Its kind of like... her turn now, and I'm happy with that.

Now if only I could get more than a few hours of sleep every night, that would make the 3+ day drive a bit easier...

No comments: