Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Project

So, we are moving. Not the original direction we figured we would either, we are moving back to the Midwest. The state of things being what they are, we just cannot live in CA. We are surviving, but we are not living. When it comes down to it, we realized that there are only 2 places we can live right now, near my family or near her family. So, with a job transfer we will have a good base of income to live easier. And most importantly, the idea of buying a house seems more like a reality.

What is the deal with this "project" then? Well, I found a really cool book at the store yesterday, "The Dangerous Book for Boys." If you have not seen it, find it. Thumb through it, and you will see why I love it. I love it for myself, but I bought it for my son. It is filled with a lot of really cool information, and skills that I associate with days past. Classic skills, and projects, and inspiring stories etc.

The project I came up with, shortly after buying the book, is to have all my friends write advice to him in this book. As I feel a loss that there are certain people out here that he will not get the chance to grow around, as the very least they can leave him a few words of advice to help him as he grows up. The boys get to write in the book (as it is a boys book), the girls have to write him notes (just like I got in school growing up). So, I want to open this up to as many people as I can. Also, I need to start this blog again to keep everyone up on how things are going.

So there it is. If you have a note to write, in advice, please leave it as a comment, or email it to me if you want. I will post updates as the next few weeks pass, and we get ready to make the move.

cheers

No comments: