Thursday, April 9, 2009

What am I Missing...


It's almost been two full days since the wife and boy took the one way plane ride to the Midwest. Since then, I have been occupying myself with various tasks around the house, and telling myself that it is nice to have a bit of time to relax. Well, more than telling myself... I am trying to convince myself that the quiet is nice... It was nice when I got an extra hour of sleep, but after that, I started to miss them. Now, the things I am doing around here to divert my attention keep me from just throwing some boxes in the back of the truck and making the drive...

I really want to spend a little time here, remembering why I like it on this side of the world. I want to spend time with the friends and family I have, before I move to a place that will only allow me to see them once a year (twice if I'm lucky). I really want to make sure that I can get as many people to write in my son's book as possible. I really miss being around them... already.

I have so much to get done. Yet this whole transition has been bitter-sweet, and I am having a hard time making these last few steps on my own. If I think about it too much, I'm going to turn in to an emotional cluster fuck.

I think Saturday might just be my last day in armor out here, and I might only last a few more days after that. Once I find a trailer to pull behind the truck, I'm gonna fill it up and go. I could stay until the end of the month, that is when I've been telling everyone that I'm leaving, but I have a feeling that it is just going to get that much more difficult as the days go on.

More than anything, I just want to be with my family. That is what is most important right now.


(The pic is from Monday, for those of you who have not seen pics of us recently.)

3 comments:

camikaos said...

you're in a tough spot. I hope you get home to them soon.

Marcus said...

Home, that is my conflict here I think. I am leaving home to go home...

Anonymous said...

I have decided what I would like to put in Christopher's note. I just need the opportunity. His parents might not like though. ~Auntie Cole