Friday, August 22, 2008

One Gallon in a 16oz Glass

So, Monday practice ended up not happening for me. A little bit of mis-communication lead me to leave 5 minutes before the guys from out of area showed up, after waiting about 40 minutes. Shit happens I guess. I ended up doing some spear work, and pell work with the sword at home for a while. This week has been up and down for me as far as working out goes, its been difficult to do anything too extensive since the wife has been working closing shifts since Wednesday. No worries though, I am having a couple poeple over tomorrow to do some work to get ready for Hastings. Then Monday practice, Thursday Crapaud, Saturday Hastings. I need to remember that I can only do so much right now, and that my focus is fun, not martial perfection. I'll do what I can when I can, and I'm hoping that next year's tourney and war season will be more active for me, depending on our situation of course.

On a lighter note, I had my first EMT class on Tuesday. A packed lecture class in the afternoon, contrasted with a 14 (out of 16) person lab class that evening was actually kinda fun. It looks like its going to be a challenging class, but I think it will go well. Its funny watching the kids just out of highschool that are treating this class like all their others, not paying attention, texting durring lecture, hoping to just pass to get their cert. Makes me glad that there is a 50% drop rate. News flash, skills for saving lives are a bit more important to learn than skills for writing a book report. Get a 75% on your english paper, you still pass. Get a 75% in EMT, yeah, you might get your cert, but not knowing 25% of your practical skills might get a patient killed, or compromise your or your coworkers safety. Anyway, its a long overdue class for me. At this point, if I get work because of it, 3 days a week or so, and the wife finds a 9-5, life with a child will become much easier. And we should have more time to spend doing the things we like to do (SCA being one of those).

Today is my dad's birthday (happy b-day dad, even though you most likely won't see this part of the WWW), gonna spend some time with him and my mom tonight. We may bbq on most every special occasion, but its damn worth it every time, good food never gets old. Hope he enjoys his day, and his gifts, and I hope I am in as good of shape as him at 56. Many more to come, old man.


Cheers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...and u never know who might b reading these...