Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Workout

So far so good. Hit 500+ tonight. I put the plus in there because sometimes I loose track, or I work on combos to try something. Really, I do more than the number I put up there, but those are the ones I track. I am getting a serious workout, and hopefully this new style works out for the upcoming event. It is a lot of fun right now, but I have yet to actually fight someone like this. We will see next monday.
Until monday I will add a little bit of armor here and there to get used to the feel, and the weight. I am actually going to try to wear my chain shirt for this. I'm freakin crazy, the thing is 16g galvanized round ring, buted, it weighs about 30lbs. I need a flat ring, welded shirt to fight in, but don't have the $500 to buy one. It's hard to drop that kind of cash on armor that doesn't really provide any protection in the SCA.
Plans for the workout? 500+ spear thrusts every other day, 250+ and a leg workout on the off days, no workout on practice nights. I really want to hit 1000 per day on the last few workout days before the event, It would be nice to know that I made some progress in 3 weeks.
Stretch, food, shower, beer, bed... peace!

1 comment:

mielikki said...

the price of good armor is crazy! Makes me glad that all I really have to have is a nice bodyce and no one really notices the rest ;)