Sunday, January 13, 2008

Adventures in blogdom...

I finally decide to jump off in to the world of the blog. As if MySpace wasn't enough, I have to shed the popularity contest of making my page look like a personal ad. This is the next level. My decision to blog about my return to SCA fighting brought me here. Not to mention two other bloggers that I try to keep up with via this whole blog thing, AND the fact that I really should be blogging about my experience as a stay at home dad. Really, I just need a journal, but a digital journal is easier for me, and its held to public scrutiny... which is really all I need right now... really.

So, I've made a personal commitment to blog about each fighter practice I go to, which is every monday. I think I'll include my weekend trips to fighting events as well. Mostly its for myself, I want to keep an eye on my improvement, and hopefully blogging will help my discipline as well as remind me why I am doing what I am doing.

What am I doing? Pretending to be a man at arms from the early 14th century, ya? Well, yes. But there is more to it than that. Part of the reason I bring up the fact that I am a new dad, and a stay at home dad is the fact that in this hobby of SCA heavy combat, I am trying to see myself as a role model for my son. With the prowess and renown I achieve just by fighting in armor, I am also committed to emulate the values of chivalry. I want to bring what I learn from the game I play in to my life at home, to become a better person, and a better father. Not to mention my opinions of the lack of basic values that many of the younger generations (including mine) lack. That, however, is a blog for another time...

So, here it is. I will cross post my first fighting blog (since I fought last monday) from MySpace.
Hopefully I will have the pic from last practice soon, gotta call that fugger...

1 comment:

CamiKaos said...

NO WAY!!!!!

I'm really excited that you are doing this, I really look forward to seeing what you have to say both about your fighting progress and being a dad.

good for you.