Tuesday, January 29, 2008

STFU and Fight

That is what I came away with last night. I think too much and I pause to analyze the shots too much. All I should be doing is fighting, and the only things I should be saying are "light" or "good" that's it. I really annoy myself that I can't quiet my mind very much while I fight, even though I know that it is going to take some time till I can accomplish this.

We had 5 fighters, a decent turn out for here. All in all it was an ok practice, I guess. The Samurai Newb was fighting a cold, and I was fighting my armor. So there was a lot of fighting going on. I know this is kind of a journal type deal, but since it's public, I feel like I'm whining... Too much didn't feel right. I had a previous worry about a vulnerable spot on my hand, and it got hit (not hard, but hard enough). That didn't make it any better when I finally came to the conclusion that my neck wasn't safe either. So, I stopped early, erring on the side of safety. I know it was a smart decision, but I still feel like I cheated myself. This kind of leads in to my next thought.

I want to do more than 1 practice a week. This is a good thing, right? Yeah, playing more is a good thing on many levels. I think that might be pushing things a bit at this point though. I just don't have a ton of time to spare right now, so trying to make concessions for two practices a week just might be too much. I almost feel defeated, held back somehow, but really I may just want too much all at once.

My hand hurts, I think I'm going to try to get some more sleep.

3 comments:

CamiKaos said...

it's really hard as a parent and a partner to take that time. Sometimes pressing for an extra night a week really isn't worth it.

CamiKaos said...

ps: I need to send you your badge for the February Fit Friends but I only have your wife's email. send me an email so I can get it to you mommifiedme at gmail dot com

mielikki said...

sleep is good. I hope your hand feels better. And the rest will come, it will. It just takes time. But it's hard to be patient!