Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Monday Type Stuff

So, I spend a lot of the day making a new shield, which I think came out very nice IMHO. It is not a terribly difficult or time consuming project, usually. After several hours of cut, drill, split hose, hammer in the fabric staples, etc. I finish with a resounding pain in my shoulder and my elbow. Well, ok, it wasn't that big of a deal right off the bat, but it got worse as the afternoon wore on. To the point that I actually considered not going to practice. But I went anyway, and before leaving I told the wife that I may not fight, to which her response was "Ha! Yeah you will." And she was right. I didn't last very long though.

So, after a couple warm up fights with the ADD Viking, I had to stop. Which sucks cause it takes a decent amount of effort to get all my gear on. So I missed out on a decent night of fighting, with three people from Sac showing up, and four local fighters (including me). I'm not sure if I am going to count it as a workout day, as far as Fit February is concerned. Yeah, I put some effort in to it, and yeah it was more exercise than I would have gotten if I sat around at home, but just barely.

Funny bit of info though. I was talking to the knight that showed up from Sac, the arm, fighting lefty, him and I not getting the chance to fight again this week. When I said that I probably shouldn't have even gotten in to armor, he said something to the effect of "In no book anywhere does it list Intelligence as a Knightly Virtue. We fighters are not known for our brains." And he has a very valid point. Sometimes I think stubbornness, or bull headed should be on that list though, 'cause we do what we're going to do, when it comes to fighting, and its hard to sway that frame of mind.

Today sounds like a good day to run.

1 comment:

mielikki said...

Hope the arm is better. Love the "Intelligence not being a knightly virtue" bit. Very true