Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday Fight

I put together a fighting get together this afternoon. I hesitate to call it a practice, cause it was just the three of us newbs throwing down some shots in a park. A practice it may not have been, but it was a workout and it was fun. Being that it was the middle of the day, we were able to go until we were basically exhausted. Which is good, I am trying to push myself so that I improve, and I am trying to push Samurai Newb and ADD Viking so that they improve as well. It is nice to enjoy a hobby with friends. Not to say that the other people I have fought with at monday night practice are not friends, but I was friends with these two well before we got in to SCA fighting. I mean, after we were done at the park, we went to get dinner together (the women folk came as well) and finished off the day with some Rock Band. Despite the fact that I had to watch as everyone else had a beer at "Burgers & Brews" I still had a blast.

Kind of a fun little side note, we drew a small crowd at the park. Kids and parents stopping to watch the "sword fighting" was kinda cool. Hearing "Go! Go! Silver knight!" or "Go! Go! Black knight!" was a different level of encouragement. Fun times, fun times. Well, tomorrow nights practice should be fun now lol.

1 comment:

mielikki said...

that sounds like most excellent fun, and a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon!