Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Move

So, here we are at the last few days of Fit February, and I almost feel like I'm slacking off. This past monday, there was no fighter practice, and I have been packing/moving since friday(ish). Saturday and Sunday it was raining so we didn't get as much moved over to the house as we would have liked, but we did get some over. Despite not taking time to run, or to do workout specific things, moving boxes down to the truck all day has periodically made me sweat, and my leggs burn (we live on the second floor). All is not lost.
Crapaud is thursday, and I have stuck to my guns on my oath to not drink for the month. I don't have a scale, and I didn't take any measurements before or after, but I do feel like it has made at least a little difference. I'm sure that if I did put in the numbers, I would get scoffs left and right, I'm not particularly heavy. Five years ago though, I was 40 pounds lighter. I spent about 20 years being the featherweight bean pole, and now I finally have something to build on. So, Fit February, for me, has been about strength and endurance training, and focusing on being active, more than it has been about loosing weight. So, I am getting closer to where I want to be, in regards to my beer gut and love handles. Also, fighting 7 guys in a row, in what has come to be known at practice as "fight the line" has become easier to handle.
Here I am, in the last few days of february, feeling better than I did a month ago. With moving in to a house this week, I hope to be able to focus more time on staying improving on my healthy state. It will be much easier to focus on my training when I have enough room to swing a sword, and work on my armor. Fit March anyone?

2 comments:

CamiKaos said...

I've been out of commission for several days so I have been missing workouts to try to stop coughing... but I am looking to continue my work outs into march and beyond.

Good luck with the move and love and kisses to the wife and little guy.

mielikki said...

oh yeah, fit march, april, may... good for us all.
I hope the moving is over soon, and Crapaud goes well.