Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday Afternoons

The ADHD Viking and I, went up to the sunday afternoon practice in Sac today. This is really the first time I've been out of the area to get beat on, and honestly, doing stuff like that is out of my comfort zone usually. It was nice not going alone though, it made things easier. The whole practice was really good though. Despite the fact that it took me a while to relax and get in to a comfort zone around people I've never fought before, I eventually got in to a zone, and things worked out nicely. Now I'm not saying that I dominated the field or anything, 'cause I didn't, I got beat down quite well. It was nice because I was able to hold my ground, throw a few good kill shots, and give people a run for their money when they got me.

Anyway, it was a nice bit of exercise, and a really big leap for me socially. I no longer feel stuck within the confines of the small local area. The world of the SCA is slowly opening up for me, as I take the steps to open it. I'm having fun, and that's what counts.

2 comments:

mielikki said...

a few kill shots, huh? Awesome. Glad you and the viking had some fun

CamiKaos said...

I'm glad you're making the most of it!